Harvest Chopped Salad
- 6 ounces green beans, trimmed
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds (about 1 medium pomegranate)
- 1 large crisp apple (e.g. Fuji or Granny Smith), diced (peeled
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3 dates, pitted and diced (easier to cut when they’re
- 1 cup diced roasted sweet potato (peeled)
- 1 cup diced medium sized roasted Yukon potato (unpeeled)
Vinaigrette: (can be prepared several days in advance)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons fresh orange juice
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- a few grinds of black pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced shallot
- 2 teaspoons 100% pure maple syrup
- 6 Tablespoons unrefined, cold-pressed extra virgin olive
1. Prepare a large bowl with ice water. Blanche
green beans for 2 minutes in boiling, salted water.
Drain and submerge into ice water. Drain, pat dry and slice
on the diagonal into bite sized pieces.
2. In a large bowl combine beans, chopped celery,
pomegranate, apple, walnuts, dates and potatoes.
3. Prepare the vinaigrette: whisk all the
ingredients in a small bowl. Pour enough vinaigrette over
vegetables to coat lightly.
Taste for salt and pepper.
Serves 6 (Adapted from Pamela Salzman)