- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 TB unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels (from about 4 ears
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- salt and fresh ground pepper
- 2-3 green onions, both white and light green parts, sliced
- 5 oz. baby spinach leaves
Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat, turning
occasionally, until browned, 4-6 minutes.
Using a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels to drain.
Pour off all but 1 teaspoon of the fat from the skillet.
Add the butter to skillet and melt over medium heat.
Add shallot and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 2
Add corn, bell pepper, and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and
Cook, stirring often until the corn is tender, about 5 minutes.
Crumble the bacon and add it along with the onions and spinach, 2
cups at a time.
Stir until the spinach leaves have wilted and combined with the
Serves 4. Great with steak, grilled chicken, or any white
Printer Friendly Version