* Spinach and Pancetta Risotto
- 2 ounces pancetta, chopped
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 2 cups chopped leek (about 2
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 3 TB white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black
- 1 (5-ounce) package fresh baby
- 1 ounce Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese,
grated (about 1/4 cup)
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add pancetta to
pan; cook 4 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Remove
pancetta with a slotted spoon, set aside.
Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add leek and
garlic; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add rice, stir for
30 seconds. Add wine, stir one minute. Add stock and simmer until
rice is tender, but slightly firm, stirring occasionally, about 25
Season with salt, and pepper. Gradually add spinach, stirring until
spinach wilts. Remove from heat; stir in Parmigiano-Reggiano.
Sprinkle with pancetta.
Printer Friendly Version