Mediterranean Crescent Ring
· 1 (10 oz) pkg chopped spinach, thawed
and water squeezed out
· 1 (12 oz) jar marinated artichoke
· 1 c shredded mozzarella cheese
· 1/2 c feta cheese
· 2 garlic cloves, minced
· 1/2 c diced red bell pepper
· 1/4 c finely chopped Kalamata
· 2 T pine nuts, lightly toasted
· 1/4 t fresh pepper
· 1/2 c mayonnaise
· 2 t fresh chopped dill
· 2 (8 oz) packages crescent rolls
· 1 egg white, lightly beaten
· 2 T fresh grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
· cooking spray
1. Heat oven to 375F.
2. In a bowl, use a fork to toss together
the first 11 ingredients (up to and including the dill). Set aside.
3. On a large baking sheet sprayed lightly
with cooking spray, arrange the crescent dough, separating the dough into
triangles along the perforations: lay the dough triangles, overlapping slightly
at the corners, so that the short end of the triangles form a circle.
4. Spoon the spinach filling around the
circle formed by the overlapping dough triangles. Gently fold the long end of
each triangle over the filling to form the ring.
5. Brush the dough lightly with egg white
and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
6. Bake at 375F for 20 minutes or until
filling is heated through and crescent dough is browned and toasty. Slice and
serve! Yields 16 portions. Adapted from Erica's Recipes
Printer Friendly Version